Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Lightning Thief

The Lightning Thief (by Rick Riordan) is one of the books I picked up to fill the void that the end of the Harry Potter series caused. The story follows Percy Jackson through his adventures after he finds out he is a half-blood, half Greek god/half human. With this unsettling discovery comes the added trouble of finding out that Zeus's master lightning bolt has been stolen, and he, Percy, is the number one suspect.

This book is great for kids and older readers alike. For the older readers, some parts of the book may be a little predictable, but the way they come together isn't. There are little twists every so often and Percy's sarcasm/sense of humor is great!

Favorite Quote: "I'd love to tell you I had some deep revelation on my way down, that I came to terms with my own mortality, laughed in the face of death, et cetera. The truth? My only thought was: Aaaagggghhhhhh!"- Percy

No comments: